OCC CARES Emergency Grant
The CARES Act, which establishes and funds the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF), provides emergency financial aid grants to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. OCC CARES Emergency Grants will be awarded based on a first-come, first-serve
basis. OCC CARES Emergency Grant will be determined based on Title IV eligibility, COVID-19 disruption, and need.
• If you received CARES funding during the Winter 2020 semester, you do not qualify for the Summer 2020 funding.
Have a 19-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file for Oakland Community College or complete the 2020-21 FAFSA
• Must have expenses related to a disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus during the summer 2020 semester
• Complete the OCC CARES summer application
• Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or approved refugee
• Valid social security number
• Obtain a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent (GED or completion of high school in an approved homeschool setting)
• Registration with Selective Service (if the student is male)
• Not owe a refund on a federal student grant or be in default on a federal student loan
• Not have a conviction for the possession or sale of illegal drugs for an offense that occurred while you were receiving federal student aid (such as grants, work-study, or loans)
• Must have been enrolled and attended at least one financial aid eligible course during the summer 2020 semester.
• Must be enrolled in a financial aid eligible program of study
• Must meet SFRS Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy
• PLEASE NOTE: It may take up to 10 business days to process the CARES Emergency Grant. However, if you have
not completed the 2020-21 FAFSA application, processing may take longer than 10 business days. To receive your award sooner, be sure to visit MYOCC and sign up for e-check direct deposit. If you have questions regarding the OCC CARES Emergency grant, please send emails to email@example.com.
To receive your award sooner, be sure to visit MYOCC and sign up for e-check direct deposit.